Haleyville City Council Meeting July 5th
At the regular meeting held on July 5th 2022, the Haleyville City Council approved a resolution in support of improvements to the Haleyville Airport.
The council approved a bid submitted by Wiregrass Construction Company, Inc. for resurfacing the runway at Posey Field. Wiregrass submitted the only bid, totaling $2,552,318.25 which will be funded in part by the Alabama Department of Transportation and through applying for a Federal Aviation Administration grant. The council approved a separate resolution to apply for that FAA grant and made the bid acceptance contingent on the grant’s approval.
In other business, the council approved the purchase of a garbage truck from Sansom for $193,425.00, as well as purchasing a Report It program for $1,200. The council allocated $4,000 to the Downtown Park Fund to be used for entertainment, and appointed five members to the Heart of Haleyville Park Committee for a one year term. Those appointed to the park committee are Katie Tidwell, Brandon Norris, Will Walker, Holly Sutherland, and Jade Bice.
George Blue Russell was absent from the meeting with Mayor Ken Sunseri and other council members present.
NOW THEREFORE BE IT RESOLVED by the City Council of the City of Haleyville, that Mayor Ken Sunseri is hereby authorized to execute the attached Notice of Award in the amount of $2,552,318.25 to award this project to Wiregrass Construction Co., Inc. to construct the 2022 Airport Improvements Project at Haleyville Airport – Posey Field, AIP Project No. 3-01-0039-017-2022, pending FAA grant approval.
Adopted and approved this the 5th day of July 2022.
- That the City of Haleyville, Alabama is authorized to make an application in the amount of two million, eight hundred and thirty-two thousand, three hundred and seventeen and 01/100 dollars ($2,832,317.01) for airport improvement funding assistance from the State of Alabama Department of Transportation for the purpose of undertaking a project to make improvements at the Haleyville Airport – Posey Field. As part of the $2,832,317.01, project cost of $279,998.76 will be spent on grant engineering design and inspection and will be awarded to The Cassady Company, Inc. upon approval from the Alabama Department of Transportation.
- That the application be submitted for and on behalf of the City of Haleyville by its Mayor who is authorized by this Resolution to sign the application and any related forms or documents on behalf of the City of Haleyville.
- That the City of Haleyville is authorized to enter into an Airport Improvement Funding Agreement with the State of Alabama, acting by and through the Alabama Department of Transportation, for the purpose of undertaking a project to make improvements at the Haleyville Airport – Posey Field, with partial funding provided by the State of Alabama.
- That the Agreement be executed in the name of the City of Haleyville for and on behalf of the City of Haleyville by its Mayor.
- That the Agreement be attested by the Acting City Clerk and the seal of the City of Haleyville affixed thereto.
- That the authority of the City of Haleyville to enter into contracts with the State of Alabama has been reviewed by the City’s attorney and, in his or her opinion, the City of Haleyville is duly authorized to commit the City of Haleyville to an agreement with the Alabama Department of Transportation.