Band Going to New Orleans
Tuesday, February 22, 2011 | 9:32 PM
The HHS Band will perform April 28-30 in New Orleans. The Board of Education approved the field trip at its regular meeting Tuesday night.
Superintendent Clint A. Baggett announced that Mrs. Cindy Taylor has been selected State Middle School Teacher of the Year by the VFW. Baggett said, “Haleyville City Schools are honored to have two State Teachers of the Year in the same year! We proudly say our teachers are the very best ....” Mrs. Beth Townsend was recently named State High School Teacher of the Year.
In other action, the Board:
- Approved expenditures for December, 2010, in the amount of $1,154,737.28, and January, 2011, in the amount of $1,236,485.80;
- Approved the assignment of Emily Gilbreath as assistant Track & Field coach for the 2010-2011 school year;
- Approved amending School Calendar to include February 12 as a student and faculty make-up day;
- Approved Professional Leave for Al Temple to attend Nike Basketball Clinic, Tunica, MS, May 13-15;
- Approved the resignation of Tiffany Donnan as Haleyville High School Varsity Cheerleader Sponsor, effective March 1, 2011;
- Re-assigned Wendy Rushing from JV Cheerleader Sponsor to Varsity Cheerleader Sponsor effective March 2, 2011;
- Assigned Amy Parker to assist Wendy Rushing with the Varsity Cheerleaders for the remainder of the school year;
- Assigned Amanda Hood as Junior Varsity Cheerleader Sponsor for the remainder of the school year; and,
- Approved fundraisers for HHS Library, HMS Softball and HHS Senior III.
The Board of Education's next meeting is Tuesday, March 22, 7 PM. Posted in Education