By Will King
Saturday, November 27, 2010 | 12:00 AM
Every two seconds, someone in the United States needs blood. Next time, that might just be you or someone you know. Here's another fact: A single blood donation can save up to three peoples' lives. If you would like to be a hero and save up to 3 lives, the HHS Student Government Association, along with the American Red Cross, will be hosting its annual winter blood drive Monday, November 29, 8 AM to 3 PM in the Ken Williams Band Hall at the high school. All potential donors are reminded of the following:
- Eat 3 balanced, hearty meals the day before the drive.
- Drink plenty of water the day before the drive.
- Eat a good breakfast (and lunch depending on donation time) the day of the drive.
- Drink a full bottle of water immediately before you donate (we'll supply it, if you drink it!).
- Bring a list of over-the-counter and prescriptions you are taking or have taken in the recent past.
- Bring a photo ID and your American Red Cross donor card (if you have one).
- Bring a friend, so both of you can share in the benefits and rewards of donating blood and saving lives!
***All donors from the community and teachers from local schools will be placed at the front of the line***
Posted in Life & Times
All successful donors will be entered into a drawing to receive a free Haleyville basketball tshirt! For more information about blood donation, please visit www.redcrossblood.org