By Harold Bearden
Friday, May 21, 2010 | 8:05 AM
A large storage shed next to the home of Jerry Coan was apparently struck by lightning causing a fire. The fire was noticed by a passing motorist and called to the Haleyville Fire Department at 7:40 AM Friday. Haleyville and Pebble firemen responded, with manpower added later from Bear Creek and Delmar.
The building contained the possessions, including a vehicle which belonged to Jerry's son, the late Barron Coan, who passed away in July, 2006. The building and its contents were completely destroyed by the fire.