By Trooper Johnathan Appling
Wednesday, July 15, 2015 | 8:07 PM
[MONTGOMERY, ALA.] -- As part of routine alcohol and tobacco enforcement, Agents with the Alabama Law Enforcement Agency’s (ALEA) State Bureau of Investigation recently conducted compliance checks in Colbert, Marion, and Lamar counties.
In Colbert County, nine locations were checked for alcohol compliance and 14 were checked for tobacco compliance.
The following stores were cited:
· Sprint Mart 40, 21731 Highway 72, Tuscumbia (Selling alcohol to minor)
· Chiska Foodmart, 6220 Highway 72, Cherokee (Selling alcohol to minor)
· Chevron Barton Station, 12960 Highway 72, Cherokee (Selling alcohol to minor)
· Yogis 2, 17750 Highway 72, Tuscumbia (Selling alcohol to minor)
· County Line Package, 125 Highway 247, Russellville (Selling alcohol to minor)
· Alabama Market, 1940 1st St., Leighton (Selling tobacco to minor)
· Riverside Package, 100 River Road A2, Muscle Shoals (Employing a minor)
In Marion County, 11 locations were checked for alcohol compliance. One store was cited:
· Tobacco Express,415 Highway 17, Hamilton (Selling alcohol to minor)
In Lamar County, one location was checked and cited in response to a complaint.
· EZ Mart of Sulligent, 54060 Highway 17, Sulligent (Allowing Sunday Sales)
Secretary of Law Enforcement Spencer Collier said, “Our SBI Agents are committed to finding establishments that sell or distribute alcoholic beverages to minors."
Anyone with any information about these cases or any other illegal activity is encouraged to call the SBI Hotline at (800) 392-8011. Nothing further is available.
Senior Trooper Johnathan Appling
Public Information/Education Unit
Alabama Law Enforcement Agency