Tuesday, March 24, 2015 | 8:03 PM
The Haleyville Board Board of Education regular monthly meeting was Tuesday evening with all board members present. The first order of business was the swearing-in by Judge Lee Carter of Board President Beth McAlpine who was re-elected during the last general election.
The board approved the financial statements and board expenditures for January, 2015 in the amount of $1,258,426.62. Other items approved were:
- Revised CNPP Meal Charge Policy.
- Continued use of CenturyLink for landline phone services and AT&T for cellular phone service.
- Amendment 1 in the FY 15 budget
- Substitute Teacher list
- The following consent Items:
Item A: Facilities
- Use of the HHS Football Track for the "Mark Forester Price of Freedom Run" May 16, 2015
- Use of the HHS Football Stadium for the Haleyville Lions Club Easter Egg hunt on the amended date of April 4, 2015.
- Use of HMS Cafeteria for the Mark Forester Foundation Dinner May 15, 2015.
Item B: Field Trips
- DECA-ICDC students and Neina Middleton to attend DECA International Conference in Orlando, FL, April 24-29.
- Out of state travel for Debra Hamrick and Linda Godsey to travel to Washington and New York as chaperone for the HHS Senior Trip May 9-15, 2015.
- Varsity Cheerleaders to attend UCA Cheer Camp in Gulf Shores April 29 - May 2.
- HHS track Team to attend State Track Meet in Gulf Shores April 29 - May 2.
- HMS Junior and JV Cheerleaders to attend UCA Cheer Camp in Tuscaloosa May 26 - 29.
Also approved were eight fundraisers ranging from car washes to T-shirt sales for various school organizations.
- The resignation of Rita Brannon as Lunchroom Manager at the Haleyville Elementary School effective May 22.
- The retirement of Miriam Tucker as Science Teacher at Haleyville High School effective May 22.
The next regular scheduled meeting of the Haleyville Board of Education will be Tuesday, April 28.