By Harold Bearden
Friday, February 27, 2015 | 6:02 AM
The Haleyville Board of Education met on February 24 and approved the following :
- Financial statements and board expenditures for January in the amount of $1,318,986.84.
- Revised District Supplement List.
- National Honor Society Association dues from $5 to $10 per year.
- 2015-2016 Haleyville City Schools Calendar.
- Revised CNP Meal Charge Policy be sent to components for input.
- Revised substitue teacher list.
- Declared Exmark gas mower surplus.
- Use of HHS football stadium for Haleyville Lions Club Easter Egg Hunt on March 28, 2015.
- Four fundraisers for various organizations
Under personnel, the Board approved:
- Retirement of Donna Jones, HES teacher
- Retirement of Kathy Rodgers, social studies teacher at HHS
- Retirement of sharon Spiller, HES teacher
- Grant non-probationary status to David Albright
- Resignation of Phillip Michael Batchelor a Career Tech Teacher at Haleyville Center of Technology.
- Voluntary transfer of Beverly McCluskey from CNP worker at HHS to HES/HHS.
Vicki Bishop and Elyse Aldridge received certificates for winning the district Citizenship Education Award from Dwight Thomas in recognition of excellence in promoting Citizenship education and the patriotic principles of the Veterans of Foreign Wars.