By Harold Bearden
Saturday, February 7, 2015 | 4:02 PM
The home of Billy and Lora Lane was heavily damaged by fire, smoke and water from a fire at 12:30 Saturday afternoon at 307 Lakeshore Drive. Both were home at the time of the fire and managed to get out of their house and escape injury. Mr. Lane sated the fire apparently started in a back bed room from an unknown cause. He also commended the Haleyville Fire Department for a quick response and saving the house from being a total loss. Haleyville firemen were assisted with manpower from Bear Creek and Pebble firemen.