Haleyville City Council
By Sam Poe
Tuesday, October 21, 2014 | 12:10 AM
The Haleyville City Council met for the regularly scheduled council meeting Monday evening, and Councilman Royce Benefield was absent. The following items were approved.
- Council minutes from 10/06/2014
- September general operation bills in the amount of $462,301.44
- Bid for Senior Center car to Earlene Bradford in the amount of $650
- Lease on a packer for use at the Haleyville Sportsplex in the amount of $3,250 per month from Winfield Tool and Equipment Rental in Jasper, Alabama
- Retirement/resignation of Michelle Foster effective January 1, 2015
- Advertising for a bookkeeper/ accountant/ magistrate
- Tree removal on 10th Avenue on the city’s right of way in the amount of $1,200 by Trees R Us
- Bid on concrete ramp at the old armory leading up to the new roll up door- lowest bid was Robinson and Sons/ Billy Hood in the amount of $4,500
- Additional work at 6th Avenue and 5th Street near the MarJac Feed Mill in the amount of $2,547- must have additional culverts and concrete headers
- Special called Haleyville City Council Meeting for 10/27/2014 at 11:00 a.m. to discuss/approve bids for the new Haleyville Fire Department- Bids will be opened this Friday 10/24/2014 at 11:00 a.m. at Haleyville City Hall.
- $1,700 to go to the Haleyville White Toybowl Football teams for use in placing a bid to host the second round of playoffs IF any Haleyville White team advances in the playoffs from the first round
Posted in News
- Mayor Sunseri hired Adam Flake as a part-time employee for Haleyville Park and Recreation at $7.50 per hour effective 10/24/2014 pending a pre-employment physical and background check.
- Attorney General Luther Strange will be at the HHS Gym Tuesday, October 21, 2014 at 9:20 a.m. for a presentation of the Safe School Award.