Saturday, March 16, 2013 | 1:03 AM
The Haleyville Fire Department responded to a structure fire on Smith Road Friday afternoon. It was the home of Barry Tidwell. The pool house caught fire after a brush fire became unmanageable by the owner. The fire department extinguished the fire, although there was significant damage to the structure.
The Haleyville Fire Department reminds everyone to be cautious with controlled burns during red flag warnings. During those times, the environment is not suitable for burning and can easily get out of control, leading to the loss of property and/or life.