By Glenn Collins
Wednesday, July 25, 2012 | 8:03 PM
|Smoke billows from this home on Alabama Avenue Wednesday evening as Street Department Director Barry Farris, the property's owner, Mayor Ken Sunseri and Councilman Bud Wilson look on.|
|Paramedics check out a Pebble firefighter before deciding to transport him to Lakeland Community Hospital.|
Haleyville, Ashridge, Bear Creek, Brilliant, Delmar and Pebble firefighters also battled heat as they fought to save the structure. Several firefighters were examined by RPS personnel and one, from Pebble, was taken to Lakeland Community Hospital, possibly with a heat-related injury.
The rental home at 1703 Alabama Avenue, owned by Barry Farris and occupied by Tiana Hyde, 22, caught fire in the kitchen shortly before 4:30 PM. Hyde had been cooking.
Hamilton Fire Department responded to Haleyville Fire Station #1 to stand by if needed elsewhere in Haleyville's fire coverage area. Firefighters cleared the scene just before 7:30 PM.