Wednesday, July 29, 2015 | 7:07 AM
The Haleyville Board of Education met Tuesday for the last meeting before school resumes for the 2015-16 school year. The board approved the following items:
- Board expenditures for June for $1,222,095.92.
- Substitute lunchroom worker list
- Substitue teacher list
- Amendment to the Instructional Policy
- Amendment to the General Administrative Policy
- System supplemental employee listing
- Coaching assignments
- Addition to HHS fees schedule
- Salary and supplement schedule
- Breakfast workers assignment
- Student Code of Conduct
- Lunchroom a la carte prices
- Students Policy be sent to components for input
The board also approved the use of school facilities for the Cardinal Toy Bowl team and the Boy Scouts of America-Black Warrior Council.
Five fundraisers were approved.
In personnel, the board approved the following:
- Resignation of Trey George as Physical Education Teacher at HMS
- To increase contract hours of Rita Butler from half-time to full time HES custodian
- Voluntary transfer of Beverley McCluskey from HHS to HES lunchroom worker
- Work term for all Prevention & At-Risk, Social Service Liaison Specialist and System Grant Writer/Facilitators be reduced systemwide from 10 months to 9 months for Jennifer McInnish
- Hire Julie Brooks, Beverly Donaldson and Robin Wilson as Extended Day Tutors for HES
- Hire Al Temple as Summer School Access Facilitator at HHS
- Hire Jyl Loden as half-time speech language pathology assistant
- Hire Molly Finley Martin as math teacher at HMS
- Hire Alex DeLean as Paraprofessional at HES.
The next regular scheduled meeting of the Haleyville Board of Education is August 25, 7 p.m. in the board room at HHS.