Financial Aid for College
Sunday, March 22, 2015 | 5:03 AM
Representatives from Bevill State and Northwest Shoals Community Colleges will be on campus to assist students and parents with their 2015-16 *FAFSA application. Please have the information listed below to be able to complete your application.
- Your federal student aid PIN - This can be retrieved on Monday night if you do not have your pin number.
- Your social security number — If you don’t know it, it can be found on yourbirth certificate.
- Your driver’s license number — If you don’t have a driver’s license, then don’t worry about this step.
- Your tax records — Use income records for the tax year prior to the academic year for which you are applying: so if you are filling out the 2015–16 FAFSA, you will need 2014 tax information (W-2, 1040, etc).
- Records of your untaxed income — This includes a whole bunch of variables that may or may not apply to you, like child support received, interest income and veterans non-education benefits.
- Records of all your assets (money) — This includes savings and checking account balances, as well as investments like stocks and bonds and real estate.
- List of the school(s) you are interested in attending — The schools you list on your FAFSA will automatically receive your FAFSA results electronically. They will use your FAFSA information to determine the types and amounts of financial aid you may receive. You can list up to 10 schools on your FAFSA.
If you’re a dependent student, you will need this information for your parent(s) as well.
*FAFSA – Free Application for Federal Student Aide Posted in