Haleyville City Council
By Sam Poe
Tuesday, December 2, 2014 | 12:12 AM
The Haleyville City Council met for the regularly scheduled council meeting Monday evening. Councilmen Bud Wilson and Royce Benefield were absent. The following items were approved.
- Council minutes from 11/14/2014
- Application for $10,000 Edward Byrne JAG Grant for in-car cameras for police cars
- Final summary change order for the Highway 13 drainage project- The project was mostly funded by a $1 million FEMA grant and ran over budget approximately $20,900.70 after final updates and repairs were made to complete the project.
- Repairs to the weather siren on State Highway 195 (new motor totaling $2,570 by Precision Communication)
- Authorization for the mayor to approve expenditures (under $15,000) related to the move of Haleyville City Hall and Haleyville Fire Station 1 that will all be reported at the following Haleyville City Council meeting (Mayor Ken Sunseri abstained from the vote.)
- Hire of Jonathan Oliver as a patrolman for the Haleyville Police Department effective December 2, 2014 (Completion of APOSTC certification will be required within 6 months of hire. Pay begins at $10.25/hour, increasing to $11.87/hour upon certification and incrementally increasing to $14.34/hour after 4 years)