By Sam Poe
Friday, October 3, 2014 | 5:08 PM
There was a residential fire at the home of Jade and Christy Bice on 30th Street Monday morning around 10:30 a.m. The fire started after an acetylene tank on welding equipment malfunctioned during routine air conditioning unit repairs to the home. No one was at home at the time of the fire, and the maintenance worker was not injured in the fire. There was significant fire damage to a closet on the back side of the home and smoke damage throughout. The Haleyville Fire and Police Departments responded to the scene.