Haleyville City Council
By Sam Poe
Tuesday, September 16, 2014 | 12:09 AM
The Haleyville City Council met Monday evening for the regularly scheduled council meeting, and Councilman Jonathan Bennett was absent. The following items were approved.
Posted in News
- minutes from council meeting, public hearing, and work session from 09/02/2014
- August general operational bills in the amount of $375,266.78
- renewal of $290,000 line of credit (It is not being used but needs to remain active in case it is needed for future purposes.)
- Memorandum of Understanding with Marion County for debris removal in order to receive FEMA reimbursement in case of an emergency
- renovations to the Haleyville City Pool totaling $47,380 with Hollywood Pools as the low bidder on the project
- advertisement for bids for construction on the new Haleyville Fire Station
- advertising for sealed bids for surplus property located in Forest Park Subdivision (Royce Benefield abstained from this vote.)
- purchase of room partitions for the Neighborhood Facilities Building from Witcher Office Supply for $2,860 for supplies and installation
- resignation of Brett Vinson from the Haleyville Street and Sanitation Department
- advertisement for four new full time employees for the Haleyville Street and Sanitation Department- The council hopes these four full time employees will eliminate the need for eight seasonal employees each year for the department, but this is not guaranteed due to the need being dependent on the amount of work pending each season. The mayor also changed the status of seasonal employees Chad Manasco and Todd Hood to full time to fill vacancies due to a retirement and a resignation.
- The council also discussed appointments for various boards throughout the city. These will be reviewed by council members and discussed more in-depth at the next council meeting.