Local 4th of July Celebrations
By Sam Poe
Thursday, July 3, 2014 | 12:07 AM
The City of Haleyville WILL NOT have a fireworks show this Independence Day. However, the following local cities will have activities Friday. All of these include free admission.
Posted in Life & Times
- Lynn- Games and activities for children will begin at 7:00 p.m. Fireworks will begin at approximately 9:00 p.m. at the City Field by the Lynn Fire Station.
- Addison- The Independence Day Parade will be held at 10:00 a.m. with line up at 9:00 a.m. Then, the annual fireworks display will take place at 9:00 p.m. behind the Addison High School Football Stadium.
- Hackleburg- An all day Independence Day Celebration will begin just after noon Friday. Bands will play throughout the day, and the fireworks will be held at 9:30 p.m. at the Hackleburg City Pool on Ingle Street.
- Guin- The annual Independence Day Celebration will be held at the Guin Water Park. Entertainment will begin at 3:30 with Evan Farris, followed by Cooter Brown (Ken Randolph) at 4:45, Chase Evan Wilson at 6:00, Joseph Baldwin at 7:15, and Tremayne at 8:30. The fireworks display will end the celebration at 9:30 p.m. Crafts and food vendors will also be available throughout the day.
- Russellville- The Jam at Sloss Lake will begin at 7:30 a.m. Live music and various other activities will be taking place throughout the day including live music, food vendors, and a car show. The fireworks display will begin at 9:00 p.m.