By Sam Poe
Tuesday, July 16, 2013 | 8:07 AM
There was a house fire on Marion County Highway 79 in Bear Creek Monday morning. The home was owned by Steve Pike. Pike was not home at the time of the fire but saw smoke coming from the top of the home when he arrived at the residence. The Bear Creek Fire Department extinguished the fire quickly and determined it started in the bedroom. The State Fire Marshalls Office later determined the blaze started either from a fallen ceiling fan or a heating bad that did not shut off automatically. There was substantial damage in the bedroom and smoke damage throughout the home.