4,254 registered users!
HBTV | HBTV5 | 3WH | News & Information
Return to the Home Page
Wednesday, September 22, 2021


2021 | 2020 | 2019 | 2018 | 2017 | 2016 | 2015 | 2014 | 2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009 | 2008 | 2007 | 2006 | 2005

Near Death Experience From Fire

By Harold Bearden
Sunday, June 2, 2013 | 9:06 PM
https://hbtv.us/news/?story_id=1607

Gloria Dianne Smit's daughter had left earlier and she was home alone just after midnight Saturday night when she smelled smoke in her mobile home. She found the source, a fire in her daughters front bedroom. She tried to extinguish it, but the smoke quickly overwhelmed her due in part to an existing breathing condition. Blinded by the smoke, she had trouble seeing and breathing. She struggled to find the front door, barely making it out before the fire intensified. Her daughter arrived home to find her mother safe outside the house and called 9-1-1. The Haleyville Fire Department quickly responded, at first to the wrong address the dispatcher had received from the caller. Once the correct address was determined, 320 Kimbrough Road, just off Thorn Hill Road, firemen were soon on the scene. The home was a total loss, and according to neighbors, the second mobile home to burn in the same location with the same owner. 

Posted in