Haleyville City Council Meeting
By Sam Poe
Tuesday, April 2, 2013 | 1:04 AM
The Haleyville City Council met Monday morning, and all members were present. The following items were on the agenda.
- The minutes from the March 18, 2013 meeting and the March 28, 2013 work session were approved.
- After a public hearing, the council approved an alcohol license for the GES EZ Mart.
- The council approved entering into contract with Precision Communications for a weather siren for the North Industrial Park. Precision Communications was the only bid received and was for the amount of $17,509.20. The city will be responsible for $4,377.30 in matching funds for the siren.
- The council voted to establish an Economic Development Program to assist with bringing new commercial and retail developments to the City of Haleyville.
- The council approved the resignation of Shane Whitten as a police officer, but he was also approved as a part-time (substitute) officer.
- The council approved to apply for grant funding for street construction and other revitalization projects for Cummings Subdivision due to damage from the April 2011 tornadoes.
- The council approved the appointment of Don Defoor to the Winston County Equalization Board.
- The council approved the appointment of Jesse Miller to the Solid Waste Disposal Authority.
The next City Council Meeting will be held Monday, April 15, 2013 at 11:00 a.m. Posted in News | Government