By Harold Bearden
Wednesday, January 23, 2013 | 2:01 PM
The Haleyville city council met Tuesday morning with all members present. After approving the minutes for the last regular meeting 1/07/13, and a work session on 1/16/13, the council approved the following:
1. December general operation bills - $347,748.56
2. Additional cost of concession stand at girls softball field - $1456.52
3. Airport/Fire Station storm shelter match - $23,124.
4. Bid for storm shelters and extras (such as generators, restrooms and dehumidifiers) - Harbor Enterprises was low bidder. city's match is $68,725.
5. Amended business license - added four additional categories: 1. Security systems, 2. Precious metals, i.e. gold, etc, 3. Recyclable materials, i.e. copper, etc, 4. Locksmith.
6. Police department pay supplements - two training police officers will receive $20 extra per pay period and qualified meth lab officers $50 per pay period.
7. Lease schedules for airport properties - Basically a raise in the airplane hanger rent across the board.
8. Refinancing proposal - retire existing 2004 warrants of $2,115,000 with a new loan from Traders and Farmers Bank. Additional money will be borrowed for public improvements such as roadway and public park improvements.
9. 2013 court dates set.
Next regular scheduled meeting of the Haleyville City Council will be Monday, Feb 4, 11 a.m. at city hall.