Free Tax Preparation for 2016
Free volunteer tax preparation services will be available from the Winston County AARP Tax-Aide sites with locations in Double Springs and Haleyville, AL. Volunteers will prepare and electronically file federal and state tax returns for taxpayers with low and middle incomes. You do not have to be a member of AARP, a retiree, or a certain age to use this service.
These tax sites were developed thru collaboration between the IRS, AARP Tax-Aide, Mayor Robinson of Double Springs and Mayor Sunseri of Haleyville, AL.
Individuals should bring:
- Photo proof of identification
- Social Security cards for themselves, their spouse, and dependents or Social Security number verification letters issued by the Social Security Administration
- Birth dates for all persons listed on the tax return
- Wage and earning statement(s) Forms W-2, W-2G, and 1099-R, from all employers and Social Security
- Interest and dividend statements from banks (Forms 1099)
- Copies of last year’s federal and state returns, if available
- Bank routing and account numbers for direct deposit of refunds
- Other relevant information about income and expenses
- Amounts paid for day care, if applicable, and the day care provider’s identifying number.
Assistance is available by appointment only:
- Call (205)486-3532to make an appointment in Haleyville (David Godsey)
- Call (205)489-5447to make an appointment in Double Springs (Kristi)
Haleyville (Old 14th Avenue Elementary School – Chamber of Commerce conference room), at 2324 14th Avenue Suite B, tax preparation will be on Tuesday, February 9, March 8, and April 5 from 9:00 a.m. – 3:00p.m.
Double Springs (Town Hall courtroom) at 21 Main Street, tax preparation will beon Wednesday, February 10, March 9, and April 6 from 9:00 a. m. – 3:00 p.m.
Also, for those who live in the Arley area, Richard Carpenter, who volunteers with AARP Tax-Aide, will be preparing taxes in Arley. Contact Richard at 251-680-5638 for details.