Fire Destroys Home

Fire destroyed a home in a park on Winston County Road 3418 late Saturday afternoon as members of the Pebble, Ashridge, and Haleyville Fire Departments fought to put the fire out in a steady rain. Wendy Brock was home at the time of the fire and said she was in the back when she heard a loud pop. When she went to see what it was, she found heavy smoke coming from an area which had an electric space heater. She stated the heater was plugged in, but not turned on. She got of the house, a call to 9-1-1 was made then she re-entered in order to get her 7 dogs out which she successfully did. The house and contents were a total loss. Wendy stated she had relatives nearby she could stay with, but she needed to find a place for her dogs.