City Council Meeting
The Haleyville City Council met Monday night with Drew Thrasher absent with an unusually long agenda. After approving the minutes from the last council meeting and a work session, the council approved the following:
1. Advertising for bids for the Cripple Creek Neighborhood Improvement Grant.
2. Advertising for bids for Airport Hangar Replacement Project Grant.
3. Three change orders for work at the new Haleyville Sports Complex were considered.
Two of the changes were approved which will add electrical power for the irrigation system.
One change for the restrooms was tabled.
4. Purchasing fencing from the lowest bidder in the amount of $176,372.00.
5. Bid for paving 23rd Street between 9th Avenue and 10th Avenue in the amount of $25,430 from Shoals Paving.
6. Bid for paving 18th Avenue at Crossway Church in the amount $23.430 from Shoals Paving.
7. Advertise for bids for sidewalks at the Sports Complex.
8. Advertise for Seasonal worker at Park and Recreation Department.
9. Advertising for lifeguards at Park and Recreation.
10. Hired full-time fireman Philip Pratt to replace retiring Tommy Lewis.
11. Purchasing deck for Kubota tractor for Park and Recreation for $1,884.
12. Appointed Billy Ray Parson to Solid Waste Disposal Authority Board.
Lauren Tinker made a short presentation thanking the council and the city and requesting assistance again this year for the upcoming annual Mark Forester Price of Freedom Run.
The next meeting of the Haleyville City Council will be Monday, March 21 at 5:30 at City Hall.